It is with some sadness that we have to make this appeal for assistance. Not sadness for asking, but sadness at the situation.
Over the last 3 weeks we have been suffering from an IQ-zero on GB3YR. The current situation is that the IQ-zero has now worked out how to use DTMF to open up echolink nodes.
SYRG takes abuse on our radio and internet networks very seriously.
We are monitoring the repeater 24/7 for instances of this linking happening. If you are unable to link to echolink or IRLP nodes it is because we have disabled them remotely for a time out period. Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.
SYRG is committed to resolving this situation as swiftly as possible.
There’s two ways you can help.
1) Before linking – please announce yourself on the repeater and what you intend to link to.
2) File an abuse report to us – If you hear anything untoward on GB3YR and the input 145.0125 MHz please forward any accurate signal reports to email@example.com
If do you hear instances of abuse on any radio repeater here’s some great tips to follow
- Do not respond to it. Experience suggests that abusers want an audience, so ignore them. Remember that you could be breaking your own licence conditions if you correspond with someone who does not have a licence.
- Do not approach or confront them.
- Make a note of it. Write down essential details such as the date, time, frequency, location, mobile or fixed, what form the abuse took and any other factors that you think might be useful.
- Maintain this log in order to build up a pattern of the abuser’s operations.
- Make sure the information you collect is precise and accurate.
We thank you for your assistance in this matter.